US: Five more children released after carbon monoxide pool leak in Hotel

Five more children have been treated and released from the hospital after a carbon monoxide leak in a southern Michigan hotel pool area that killed a 13-year-old boy.

South Bend memorial Hospital spokeswoman Heidi Prescott said Sunday that the five additional children had been released Sunday. A police officer and three other children were previously treated and released following the incident Saturday at the Quality Inn & Suites in Niles.

WNDU-TV reports another patient is in good condition at Lakeland Hospital in Niles.

Niles Police Chief Jim Millin said 13-year-old Bryan Douglas Watts, of Niles, was pronounced dead at Lakeland.

Millin says the children are ages 12 to 14.

Niles Fire Department Mechanical Inspector Capt Don Wise says a pool heater had improper ventilation.

For all the latest World News, download Indian Express App now
Courtesy: http://indianexpress.com

Source: http://indianexpress.com/article/world/us-five-more-children-released-after-carbon-monoxide-pool-leak-in-hotel-4597115/

Mumbai: 24 bikers held for riding at high speed, released

As many as 24 bikers who were riding their bikes at a high speed, were arrested by the Pant Nagar police station in Ghatkopar (east) in the wee hours of Saturday. The 24 bikers, mostly youngsters, were subsequently released on bail.

According to the police, the police control room had been receiving complaints from people, especially on Saturday nights. “When we started receiving these calls around 1.30 am again, we conducted a nakabandi at the Kamraj Nagar junction on the Eastern Express Highway,” said a police official.

During the nakabandi, the police came across several such bikes. When the police asked the bikers to halt, they fled, some of them riding at high speeds on the wrong side of the road. The police chased the bikers and arrested 24 of them. ENS

For all the latest India News, download Indian Express App now
Courtesy: http://indianexpress.com

Source: http://indianexpress.com/article/cities/mumbai/mumbai-24-bikers-held-for-riding-at-high-speed-released-4596954/

Four students held, released on bail: ‘Didn’t know we overtook Smriti Irani car’, said accused

Union Minister Smriti Irani. (File Photo) Union Minister Smriti Irani. (File Photo)

Four students of Delhi University’s Ram Lal Anand College, who allegedly overtook Union minister Smriti Irani’s car in Lutyens’ Delhi in an inebriated condition Saturday, were arrested on Sunday for allegedly stalking and outraging the modesty of a woman. They were later released on bail from Chanakyapuri police station.

The four youths, aged between 18 and 20, apologised for their act and claimed they did not know whose car they had overtaken. “The youths told police that they did not know that they had overtaken Irani’s car and they didn’t indulge in any misbehaviour,” the sources said.

“We agree that we have broken rules. We don’t know whose car we overtook and whatever happened was in ignorance. We apologise for whatever happened,” one of them said after coming out on bail.

Police have seized their mobile phones and sent to FSL. “We were making some fun videos and were dancing inside the car. We didn’t realise whose car we had overtaken. Our phones have been seized but I can say that we didn’t make any videos of anybody else. Our phones contain pictures and videos of just the four of us,” he said. They wanted to upload the videos on Instagram, sources said.

Irani had just landed in Delhi from Mumbai when the incident occurred. Sources said Irani made a PCR call at 5.18 pm on Saturday. “The medical reports of the accused persons confirmed the presence of alcohol in their blood,” Delhi Police chief spokesperson Dependra Pathak said.

For all the latest India News, download Indian Express App now
Courtesy: http://indianexpress.com

Source: http://indianexpress.com/article/india/four-students-held-released-on-bail-didnt-know-we-overtook-smriti-irani-car-said-accused-4597002/

The Kapil Sharma Show: Sunil Grover’s absence has affected the rating so badly, it is not even in top 10 anymore

The Kapil Sharma show has witnessed a steep fall in week 12 (March 18-24), according to a data released by BARC. The Kapil Sharma show has witnessed a steep fall in week 12 (March 18-24), according to a data released by BARC.

The mid-air fight between Kapil Sharma and Sunil Grover has snowballed into a full-fledged controversy. The audience and fans earlier speculated that all the brouhaha might just be a public gimmick to breathe new life into the show. Even as controversies kept piling around the show, we saw a confident Kapil endeavouring to hold the show together. The comedian-actor not only invited ace comedians including Raju Srivastav and Sunil Pal but also took a dig at that infamous brawl on the flight, during the last episode. But, in this whole saga of Kapil Sharma vs Sunil Grover, Kapil seems to be paying the price of the whole controversy.

The show has witnessed a steep fall in week 12 (March 18-24), according to a data released by BARC. In week 12, the show has witnessed around 5.3 million impressions in comparison to 6 million impressions during the last week. There’s more. The show is out of the top 10 Indian TV shows ranking. It now stands at number 11. The top five shows include – Naagin Season 2, Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai, Kumkum Bhagya, Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah and Shani. In the last week, The Kapil Sharma Show had secured a fourth place behind only Naagin Season 2, Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai, Kumkum Bhagya and Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah. During the last three months of 2017, the show has been able to maintain a healthy 6.4 million impressions.

The show also saw a huge plummet in YouTube viewings. The last episode of March titled – Stand Up Comedians In Kapil’s Show, saw around 3,984,158 YouTube views, which is quite low in comparison to its previous episodes. What’s more stark is the number of dislikes on the episode. It recorded a staggering 117,705 dislikes in comparison to only 28,029 likes on the same episode. These figures suggest a huge shift in the mood of the audience.

Also Read: Baahubali 2: Cricketer Ashwin Ravichandran’s take on the film’s pre-booking has left us ‘stumped’

In the absence of popular actors Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar, the show is certainly losing its charm if not an essence.

For all the latest Entertainment News, download Indian Express App now

© IE Online Media Services Pvt Ltd
Courtesy: http://indianexpress.com

Source: http://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/television/the-kapil-sharma-show-sunil-grover-absence-has-affected-the-rating-so-badly-it-is-not-even-in-top-10-anymore-4595406/

Delhi MCD polls 2017: 119 ‘first-timers’ in Cong first list of 140

The Congress on Saturday released its first list of candidates for the upcoming civic polls in the capital. The list comprises 140 names, including two leaders from other parties who recently joined the Congress. The two leaders are former AAP women’s wing vice-president Seema Kaushik, who will be contesting the Rohini-I seat, and former BJP councillor from Govindpuri, Chandar Prakash, who will be contesting the same seat again.

Despite a push for 39 tickets to Youth Congress members, only two ticket hopefuls feature in the first list.

Candidates have only one day left to file nominations. However, taking note of two public holidays (Saturday and Sunday), the State Election Commission has extended time of filing nominations by three hours.

The Commission gave the extension after it received requests from the BJP and AAP on Saturday. A delegation from Delhi BJP went to meet Election Commission officials, and a petition was also filed by AAP for consideration of extending the date or time of filing nominations.

Out of the 140 names released, 119 are first-time contenders, according to the party. Meanwhile, the party’s Leader of Opposition in the East Delhi municipal corporation, Varyam Kaur, does not feature in the list. Her constituency, Raghubar Pura, has been allotted to Rajesh Sharma.

The party’s state unit chief Ajay Maken said that “winnability” and the opinion of grassroot workers dominated the

selection process.

The party’s second list, with the remaining 132 names, is expected to be released on Sunday.

For all the latest India News, download Indian Express App now
Courtesy: http://indianexpress.com

Source: http://indianexpress.com/article/cities/delhi/delhi-mcd-polls-2017-119-first-timers-in-cong-first-list-of-140-4595783/

Focus Features Celebrates 15 Years with a Retrospective Supercut

The distributor turns 15 this year.

Focus Features has gone through some changes in year since it merged with Universal Pictures, but its credentials as an important distributor over the last 15 years are beyond dispute. The company has released a supercut celebrating the films it’s released since its inception in 2002. Watch below.

READ MORE: Focus Features Presents ‘The Beguiled,’ ‘Victoria and Abdul,’ ‘Darkest Hour,’ and Its 15th Anniversary

It’s a long list of notable films: “Milk,” “Lost in Translation,” “The Theory of Everything,” “Brokeback Mountain,” “Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind,” “Moonrise Kingdom,” “The Place Beyond the Pines,” “Shaun of the Dead,” “Beginners,” “Burn After Reading,” “The Pianist” and many more are all included.

READ MORE: Annapurna Pictures Supercut Celebrates ‘The Master,’ ‘Spring Breakers’ and More Hits — Watch

Annapurna Pictures released a similar supercut earlier today celebrating its own roster, which includes the likes of “Spring Breakers,” “Her” and “20th Century Women.” Focus, which most recently released “A Monster Calls” and “Nocturnal Animals,” will next distribute “The Zookeeper’s Wife.”

Stay on top of the latest breaking film and TV news! Sign up for our Email Newsletters here.
Courtesy: http://hollywood.com

Source: http://www.indiewire.com/2017/03/focus-features-lost-in-translation-brokeback-mountain-supercut-1201799014/

Facebook, Messenger older version apps will no longer support messaging

Facebook will be ending support for messaging in some older version of Messenger and Facebook apps by the end of March. Facebook will be ending support for messaging in some older version of Messenger and Facebook apps by the end of March.

Facebook is ending support for its older versions of the app as well as Messenger app. The social media giant wants its users to “enjoy more of the delightful features” of Messenger. Facebook is sending out suggestions to users to update the app, right in Messenger. According to the company, features such as voice and video calling, games, and bots for Messenger won’t work properly on older versions on the app.

In case user’s device don’t support newer versions of Facebook and Messenger, they can visit Facebook.com through their mobile browser. This includes Android users on versions older than Android 2.3 Gingerbread. People using version 4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and above can update to the latest app version by visiting Facebook’s website via their smartphone browser.

Facebook will be ending support for messaging in some older version of Messenger and Facebook apps by the end of March. “We have proactively reached out to those affected and have also offered suggestions right in Messenger. These include updating your app to the latest version, loading an OS update for your device or migrating to Facebook Lite,” Facebook said in a blog post.

Facebook for Android v55, released on November 16, 2015 and below will as well as Messenger v10, released on August 14, 2014 will not work after March. For iOS users, iPad v26, released on October 10, 2011, and below will not support Facebook and Messenger app. Messenger v8 released on July 14, 2014 and below as well as Facebook for iOS released on October 10, 2011, and below will stop working after March.

Facebook is ending support for Windows phone, while Messenger for Windows phone 8 and 8.1 won’t work after March. Facebook support for Windows 8 and 8.1 desktop app has been pulled out.

For all the latest Tech News, download Indian Express App now

© IE Online Media Services Pvt Ltd
Courtesy: http://indianexpress.com

Source: http://indianexpress.com/article/technology/tech-news-technology/facebook-messenger-older-version-apps-will-no-longer-support-messaging-4592470/

Pull up those responsible for poor govt school education, says AAP

THE NEW state government must take action against those responsible for deterioration in the quality of education at government schools, said the Aam Aadmi Party.

In a statement released here on Thursday, the state convener of AAP, Gurpreet Singh Waraich, accused the previous SAD-BJP and Congress governments in Punjab of turning a blind eye to education at government government schools. “None of the governments in the past took initiatives to revive the education system and make it as good as the private education system,” he said.

Reacting sharply to the CAG report on government schools, Waraich said it shows that 1,170 government schools in the state are run by just one teacher. He said it is a mockery of the education system in the state and poor and underprivileged have been deprived of their right to education. Waraich demanded that the government must take strict action against those responsible for ruining the generation by not giving them a chance to get good education. The AAP leader said the Rs 1,362-crore fund received under Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan was not released by the Badal government and that CAG had also raised its finger against the embezzlement of funds released for purchasing school books and uniforms of students. He demanded that a case be registered against the guilty.

The AAP convener suggested that Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh should revive education system in the state like that of the Arvind Kejriwal-led government in Delhi. He also demanded that the education budget should be increased as the Delhi government did. Waraich assured that AAP would help and appreciate if the government made a serious effort to revive the education system in the state.

For all the latest India News, download Indian Express App now
Courtesy: http://indianexpress.com

Source: http://indianexpress.com/article/cities/chandigarh/pull-up-those-responsible-for-poor-govt-school-education-says-aap-4593215/

911 calls released in the deadly burglary in Tulsa, Oklahoma Video

Transcript for 911 calls released in the deadly burglary in Tulsa, Oklahoma

home invasion in Oklahoma. Police have now released the 911 call from the homeowner’s son who fought back, killing three mask teenagers. ABC’s kayna Whitworth in Tulsa. Reporter: Tonight, the dramatic 911 call released from this deadly burglary. One’s in the kitchen. One caudle into the bedroom. Reporter: 23-year-old Zach Peters calling after he shot these three teenagers who were armed when they broke into his home. One’s down. One’s still talking. Okay, what did you shoot them with? An ar-15. What did he sound like on the phone? He was in shock, he was scared. Reporter: It was early in the afternoon Monday. Police say this 21-year-old Elizabeth Rodriguez drove. The teens robbed Peters of bottles of liquors. Police say they returned to the home a second time and that’s when they were shot and killed by Peters. David, local authorities are trying to investigate if the stand your ground law applies. Also they tell me that Ms. Rodriguez could face formal charges earlier next week. When we come back — the new

This transcript has been automatically generated and may not be 100% accurate.
Courtesy: https://news.yahoo.com/health/

Source: http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/911-calls-released-deadly-burglary-tulsa-oklahoma-46456703

Bihar board exams: Intermediate, matriculation calendar released for 2018

Bihar board exams: The exam form will be available online for matric students from December 29, 2017 to January 8, 2018. Bihar board exams: The exam form will be available online for matric students from December 29, 2017 to January 8, 2018.

The Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB) has released the calendar for the 2018 intermediate and matriculation examinations. The Board said that the matric exams will be held from February 21 to February 28 and the intermediate exams will take place from February 7 to February 19, 2018.

The Board’s chairman, Anand Kishore, said that the calendar has been released to give sufficient time for students to prepare for the exams. He added that the exam forms for inter students will be available from October 3 and students must fill these forms by October 20, 2017 or with a late fee by October 25, 2017.

The exam form will be available online for matric students from December 29, 2017 to January 8, 2018. The last date to submit the exam form with late fees for matric students is January 12, 2018.

Read | Bihar Board registers increase in number of girls appearing in Class 10 exam

The chairman claimed that the board was aiming for complete digitisation of secondary and senior secondary education in the state. It approved a Rs 493.01 crore budget with a deficit of Rs 67.6 crore for the academic year of 2017-18.

The BSEB also said that it would spent Rs 25 crore on office automation and modernisation. It aims to be one of the top three boards in the country in the coming years.

Kishore also stated that the board has enough funds to manage the budget deficits that are incurred. The state would also gain a tax benefit of Rs 4.5 crore for 10 years due to spending on construction of nine exam halls.

The board is also planning to recruit consultancy agencies to gain insight on IT, infrastructure, manpower, office automation and best practices required for the smooth conduct of exams.

For more stories on BSEB, click here

For all the latest Education News, download Indian Express App now

© IE Online Media Services Pvt Ltd
Courtesy: http://indianexpress.com

Source: http://indianexpress.com/article/education/bseb-biharboard-ac-in-bihar-board-exams-2018-intermediate-matriculation-calendar-released-4589349/