US: Five more children released after carbon monoxide pool leak in Hotel

Five more children have been treated and released from the hospital after a carbon monoxide leak in a southern Michigan hotel pool area that killed a 13-year-old boy.

South Bend memorial Hospital spokeswoman Heidi Prescott said Sunday that the five additional children had been released Sunday. A police officer and three other children were previously treated and released following the incident Saturday at the Quality Inn & Suites in Niles.

WNDU-TV reports another patient is in good condition at Lakeland Hospital in Niles.

Niles Police Chief Jim Millin said 13-year-old Bryan Douglas Watts, of Niles, was pronounced dead at Lakeland.

Millin says the children are ages 12 to 14.

Niles Fire Department Mechanical Inspector Capt Don Wise says a pool heater had improper ventilation.

For all the latest World News, download Indian Express App now
Courtesy: http://indianexpress.com

Source: http://indianexpress.com/article/world/us-five-more-children-released-after-carbon-monoxide-pool-leak-in-hotel-4597115/